Board of Directors
Colonel Chuck Sargent
- Served on the Board of Directors for MAC for seven years, as well as in volunteer positions since 2005
- Commissioner for the Pennsylvania Military Community Enhancement Commission
- Member of the Board of Directors for Heroes Supporting Heroes
- Volunteers mentoring young Americans aspiring to join our nation's military forces
- Airline transport pilot and Captain on the Boeing 737 for United Airlines
- Previously flew the C-130, served as a squadron commander at the 911th Airlift Wing and as a combat squadron commander in the Middle East
H. Rochelle Stachel
First Vice Chair
- President and Founder of HRV Conformance Verification Associates, Inc.
- Instituted HRV’s “Veterans Recognition Program”
- Promotes and participates in “Operation Troop Appreciation."
- Active board member of the Pittsburgh Airport Area Chamber of Commerce, serves as an Executive Vice Chair, Military Liaison/Co-Chair for the Military Relations Committee, and is a member of the Honorary Commanders Committee.
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Chair for the Department of Defense organization, the Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve.
- Led the “Shepherd Heart Building Hope Project."
Second Vice Chair
- Retired USAF Reserve Colonel and former Commander of the 911th Airlift Wing
- Led 911th Airlift Wing into conversion from C-130s to C-17s, and through multiple deployments
- Vast experience in leadership roles with for-profit and non-profit organizations
- Small business owner, and consultant on leadership development
- Doctoral student in Executive Leadership concentrating on team building and organizational/cultural change
- Upstream oil and gas professional with multi-basin experience
- US Marine Corps Veteran (Officer)
- US Navy Veteran (Enlisted)
- Senior Vice President of Operations Planning at EQT Corporation
- Master of Business Administration (Executive Syllabus) from the University of Pittsburgh Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business
- Bachelor of Science from the United States Naval Academy
- US Naval Reserve veteran with four mobilizations, including US Transportation Command in support of Desert Shield/Storm, US European Command in support of Bosnia and Kosovo Operations, and US Transportation Command in support of Operations Enduring Freedom and Noble Eagle
- Also served at NOSC Pittsburgh and NOSC Portland as a Selected Reservist
- Graduate of Fontbonne College and University of Kentucky
- Extensive military volunteer activities ranging from Navy League to the Pittsburgh Navy Ball Committee
- US Air Force veteran, served in Vietnam, received The Air Force Commendation Medal for Meritorious Service
- President of JeDI Consulting, LLC
- Previously President of Value Properties, Inc.
- Extensive Board and Committee participation with organizations ranging from the Airport Chamber of Commerce to Ambridge Area Revitalization Development Corporation to MACWPA
- US Army veteran, served in Vietnam
- Professor and Director of Hospitality and Tourism at Robert Morris University
- Background in hotel management with positions at Suma Corp. (Las Vegas, NV) and Equinox Sky Line Resort (Manchester, VT)
- Professional research in topics ranging from resort marketing to the Americans with Disabilities Act, to leadership training.
- Previously District Commander & Engineer for the US Army Corps of Engineers
- Previously Commander for the 27th Airborne Engineer Battalion
- Area Operations Manager for HDR, Inc.
- Graduate of Norwich University, Central Michigan University, and the Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy
- Retired US Army Colonel and physician
- Director of the Center for Military Medicine Research at the University of Pittsburgh
- Professor of Medicine in the Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh
- Received medical degree from Drexel University
- Marine Corps Vietnam Infantry veteran, Purple Heart recipient
- Director of Pittsburgh Hires Veterans
- Former State Senator (served 10 years) representing Pittsburgh as well as southern and western communities in Allegheny County.
- Life member of Vietnam Veterans Inc., Vietnam Veterans of America, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Disabled American Veterans, American Legion, and many other veteran organizations
- Vietnam veteran, served with distinction in the US Navy Seabees
- Active judge currently assigned to the Court of Common Please Fifth Judicial District Civil Division
- Previously served as the Administrative Chairman of the Court of Common Please Board of Viewers
- Recipient of numerous awards, such as the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation Judges Award and the 2010 Veteran of the Year Award from Brentwood Post 1810
William B. Pentecost, Jr.
- Currently a member of the US Army Reserve, serving as a Lieutenant Colonel in the JAG Corps
- Attended Providence College on a US Army scholarship and was commissioned a second lieutenant in the Army Reserve upon graduation
- Member of the Reserve Officers Association of the United States, the Military Officers Associations of the United States, the Military Order of the World Wars, the Army Navy Club on Farragut Square, and the Marines’ Memorial Club of San Francisco
- Graduated summa cum laude from Duquesne University School of Law
Immediate Past Chair
- Associate Professor of Strategic Management at the Robert Morris University School of Business
- President and Co-Founder of Peritia, LLC
- Board of Directors member for Adagio Health Care, MACWPA, and the Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania
- Holds a Doctorate of Philosophy in Business Strategy with a minor in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Pittsburgh Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business
- Sr. Managing Director with JLL, a Fortune 200 global commercial real estate firm
- Served in the U.S. Marine Corps for 8 years
- Past president of Western PA SIOR chapter, member of the Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation, the Allegheny conference, USATriathlon, the American Legion and the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation. Board member of Bridgeway Capital and the American Diabetes Association of Western PA
- Earned an undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland and a graduate degree from Troy State University
- A licensed real estate broker since 1994
- Vice President, Government and Community Affairs for the Allegheny County Airport Authority
- Served four consecutive terms as Allegheny County Councilman
- Business, community, and governmental organization service includes Pittsburgh Business Travel Association, Pittsburgh Airport Area Chamber of Commerce, Military Relations Committee, and the Pennsylvania Banking and Securities Board
- Graduate of University of Pittsburgh
- Pennsylvania Air National Guard (retired)
- Vice Provost for Research Conduct and Compliance and Professor of Health Policy and Management at the University of Pittsburgh
- Graduate of Duquesne University, University of Pittsburgh, and University of Southern California, also earned a B.S. with distinction from the US Naval Academy
- Served as General Counsel for UPMC for 30 years